Home WorldUS Official Says No ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ with Russia to Continue Compliance with New Start Treaty

US Official Says No ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ with Russia to Continue Compliance with New Start Treaty

by Kyle Anzalone
0 comments

Assistant Secretary of State for Arms Control and Nonproliferation Christopher Yeaw said that there was no informal agreement between the US and Russia to maintain the limits on nuclear weapons imposed by the New Start Treaty. The pact expired earlier this month.

During an event at the Hudson Institute on Monday, Yeaw was asked if there was a “gentlemen's agreement” with Moscow to abide by the New Start Treaty. He responded, “I know of no such agreement. And that is still in the President’s hands.”

You have exceeded the number of free content views. To continue viewing exclusive JudgeNap content,  you'll need a subscription. Please choose your subscription plan here.

Already a member?  Login here.

You may also like

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
-
00:00
00:00
Update Required Flash plugin
-
00:00
00:00